In this episode we introduce Blue Ben’s Girlfriend Viv. We talk about how she discovered the fetish scene and how they met then found their kink dynamic. We then discuss fetish in films and media which are are usually the first place people see kink, so we talk about the films and TV that portray kink in a slightly more positive way than usual.
But it can’t be denied that it’s still a staple trope of your average horror film. Your local neighbourhood psycho has a dungeon full of kink equipment and frequents fetish clubs looking for victims. This tends to leave your average film viewer with something of a negative view of kink which isn’t exactly conducive to helping the kink curious joining the Fetish scene…. We’ve still got a long way to go but we’re working on it.
Links and Topics:
- The finger up the bum scene in Road Trip (2000)
- Sex and the City (1998 – 2004) and how we’ve never seen it… sorry.
- Lost (2004 – 2010)… even though it has nothing to do with kink.
- One of the bench mark kinky films… Secretary (2002)
- For more information on Operation Spanner, the legal case again several willing BDSM participants back in the 1980’s
- There’s no way we couldn’t mention Preaching to the Perverted (1997) and how the woman is the dominant.
- A little bit of kinky-ness in Gotham (2014 -)
- The Watch (2012)… sorry if we gave away any spoilers.
- A bit of BDSM in the historic drama Vikings (2013 -)
- And a whole film about kink, The Duke of Burgundy (2014)